Our battery warranty protects you against manufacturer defects + we guarantee general overall functionality. What we don’t cover is physical damages, abuse or accidental/liquid damage(s).
Software updates can affect battery capacity in several ways:
- Optimization and Efficiency: Software updates often include improvements in how the operating system and apps use power. These optimizations can lead to increased efficiency, allowing the device to use less power during regular operations. As a result, the battery may appear to have a longer lifespan because it can sustain its charge for a more extended period.
- Power Management: Operating system updates sometimes bring enhancements to power management features. These improvements can help regulate the charging and discharging processes more effectively, which can lead to better battery health over time.
- Bug Fixes: Software updates often include bug fixes that address issues related to battery drain. Bugs in the previous software versions can cause processes or apps to consume more power than necessary. By fixing these bugs, the software update can reduce the strain on the battery and prolong its capacity.
- Battery Health Algorithms: Some software updates introduce or refine battery health algorithms. These algorithms monitor the battery’s usage patterns and charge cycles to help extend its lifespan. They may adjust the charging speed or limit full charges to 100% when not needed, reducing the wear and tear on the battery.
- New Features and Background Processes: On the other hand, software updates can introduce new features or background processes that may have higher power demands. In some cases, these additions can lead to increased battery drain. It’s essential to balance the benefits of new features with their impact on battery life.
- Compatibility and Hardware Optimization: Updates can also address compatibility issues with new hardware components. If a device’s battery is not optimized to work efficiently with newer hardware, a software update can include changes to ensure smoother integration and, consequently, better battery performance.
- Security Patches: While not directly related to battery capacity, security updates can indirectly impact battery life. These updates can fix vulnerabilities that could potentially lead to malware or other malicious software draining the battery through excessive usage.
It’s important to note that the impact of software updates on battery capacity can vary from one update to another and from one device to another. While some updates may have a positive effect on battery life, others may have minimal or even negative consequences. Device manufacturers and software developers aim to strike a balance between improving features and preserving battery health with each update. Users are encouraged to stay informed about updates and their potential impact on their specific devices.
Phone Chek Battery Replacement Terms and Warranty
1. Limited Warranty Overview
At Phone Chek, we are committed to providing high-quality battery replacement services and ensuring the satisfaction of our customers. This document outlines the terms and conditions of our Battery Replacement Warranty, which applies to all battery replacement services provided by Phone Chek.
2. Warranty Coverage
- Battery Replacement Warranty Duration: Phone Chek offers a limited warranty on battery replacement services. The duration of this warranty varies depending on the type of battery replaced:
- OEM / Original Quality Batteries: Phone Chek provides a 1-year warranty.
- Premium Quality (Aftermarket) Batteries: Phone Chek offers an 180-day warranty.
- Warranty Applicability: This warranty covers issues related to the integrity and performance of the replaced battery.
3. Warranty Exclusions
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Issues caused by apps, themes, or software-related bugs that may affect battery performance.
- Damages resulting from liquid exposure, intentional damage, or accidental damage.
- Any damage inflicted by the end-user or the technician during installation or repair.
- Damages caused by a replaced battery that leads to the damage of other parts, such as the screen or LCD.
4. Warranty Claims
If you experience issues with the replaced battery during the warranty period, please follow these steps to initiate a warranty claim:
- Contact Phone Chek: Reach out to Phone Chek’s customer support to inform us of the issue with the replaced battery.
- Evaluation by Phone Chek Technicians: Our experienced technicians will assess the issue and determine if it is eligible for warranty coverage.
- Battery Replacement: If the issue is covered by the warranty, Phone Chek will replace the faulty battery at no additional cost. In most cases, a nominal $10 admin/recycling fee may apply.
5. Physical Damage Coverage
For coverage related to physical damage not covered under the Battery Replacement Warranty, please refer to our Physical Damage Coverage policy.
6. Terms and Conditions
- All batteries replaced under warranty must have been purchased from Phone Chek and/or professionally installed by a Phone Chek technician.
- Phone Chek reserves the right to determine warranty eligibility based on the provided information and technician assessment.
7. Additional Information
Phone Chek technicians will thoroughly document each repair with pre-diagnostic checklists and photographic evidence to verify functionality both before and after the repair process.
8. Contact Us
For any questions or warranty claims, please do not hesitate to contact Phone Chek’s customer support. We value your satisfaction and the quality of our products and services. Your trust in Phone Chek is of utmost importance to us.
We can assure you that we have seen it all! From smartphones that have been run over by a car, to tablets that have taken a dive in a pool, we are prepared to face anything that comes our way.
Every PhoneChek technician goes through an intensive training process, and we maintain an environment of constant learning, so no device is too new, no technology too complicated.